It has been a long summer. The girls and I have returned from Italy a couple of weeks ago; we finished shooting the 5th Season of Extra Virgin and we also enjoyed a few glorious days of vacation with friends and family.
We have returned ready to hit it hard. Debi has a new TV series that will start shooting this September, we are getting ready to film an Extra Virgin Thanksgiving Special episode for Cooking Channel and the New York Wine and Food Festival is quickly approaching.
Here is the thing. This summertime I have received a considerable amount of emails from fans expressing disappointment in the fact that Debi and I did not perform a book tour and secondly that our dinner at the NYWFF has gone sold out too quickly. We would have loved nothing more than traveling the country meeting our fans and possibly cook for at least some of them, as it is truly important to us, but unfortunately our schedule has been way too tight to accommodate all requests.
So here I am. This Thursday my kids will go back to school, my lovely wife is already in pre production with her show and is constantly taking meetings and bouncing all over the place. I just want to cook! Do You Want to Eat?
For 11 nights, during the last two weeks on September, I will be cooking dinner for 20 people at the time. I have rented a small cafe’ in Brooklyn, it is nice and with an open kitchen. I will be cooking throughout the day, like I do with my family in a day of feast, and will be serving a full menu exclusively from our cookbook Extra Virgin: Recipes and Love from our Tuscan Kitchen.
Since my daughters will need their dinner, and the wife will be shooting and working weird hours, one table for 5 will be added on top of the 20 regular seats. My girls might show up, they might not, it will be spontaneous and light. However, in case they don’t, or decide to bring dinner home, or else… the seats at that table will be offered free of charge at the last minute, I will use my social media channels to lottery whatever seat I have left.
HERE ARE THE DATES – MENU WILL BE THE SAME EVERY NIGHT –
-Tuesday, September 16th. SOLD OUT
– Wednesday, September 17th. SOLD OUT
– Thursday, September 18th. SOLD OUT
– Friday, September 19th. SOLD OUT
– Saturday, September 20th. SOLD OUT
– Monday, September 22nd. SOLD OUT
– Wednesday, September 24th. SOLD OUT
– Thursday, September 25th. SOLD OUT
– Friday, September 26th. SOLD OUT
– Saturday, September 27th. SOLD OUT
– Monday, September 29th. SOLD OUT
MENU (I apologize in advance to any vegetarian that might be interested in participating, I am so sorry but I have issues thinking of a feast without thinking of meat. I hope you understand. If you decide to come I will always make sure to have extra portions of the meat-less dishes in menu, and maybe a couple of extra bruschette.)
– Tuscan Pecornino Cheese with Spicy Honey
– Bruschetta with White Beans, Pancetta and Rosemary
– Steak Tartare Bite
– Lentil Soup (Lentils, Onions, Carrots, Celery, Pancetta)
– Pasta alla Gricia (Guanciale, Garlic, Sage, Pecorino Cheese)
– Rigatoni al Sugo Finto (Onions, Carrots, Celery in a red sauce cooked with Chianti wine)
– Porchetta (Slow cooked Pork Butt, Rosemary, Sage, Garlic, Fennel Seeds, basted in IPA beer)
– Peperonata (Slow Cooked Pepper and Potato Stew)
– Roasted Endive Salad (With Sage and Gorgonzola Dressing)
– Sicilian Salad (Arugula, Fennel, Orange Wedges, Black Olives)
– Amaretti and Mascarpone Cups (Mascarpone Cream, Amaretti Cookies, Chocolate, Brandy, Raspberries)
– Wine: 1 Prosecco Spritz with appetizers and 3 Chianti and Super Tuscan Pairings with the rest of the menu, possibly a beer pairing…
– Coffee Provided by LAVAZZA
– Olive Oil Provided by LUCINI
– Wine Provided by CASA VINICOLA ZONIN
– Bitters “Spritzers” Provided by APEROL
HOW THIS HAPPENS
– Email at firstname.lastname@example.org, please write in subject field for which night you are requesting tickets for and how many.
– Provide a valid Paypal address I can use to invoice you, and remit payment within the first 24hrs from receiving it. Unpaid invoices will be scratched off list and next in line will be offered the ticket/s.
– Your email receipt will count as a ticket and your name will be on a list when you will arrive for dinner. If you are gifting this dinner to somebody please make sure to add a note to your payment indicating the name you wish to be put on the list.
– Your email receipt will also contain the ADDRESS you will be coming to, in Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn.
– Dinner will be served at 7.30 pm promptly, expect to be done by 9.30 pm.
– I will update this post indicating whenever an evening sells out. After all tickets are sold you will be notified with a message at the time of the inquiry. Subscribe to our newsletter if you wish to be informed about future events.
TICKET COST: $95 – SIGNED COPIES OF COOKBOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT REGULAR BOOK STORE PRICE.
I hope you like the idea of a few relaxed and very intimate dinners, it will be an occasion to eat well, see some friends and make new ones. See you in two weeks!